Mid-Coast Land Use Plan Area (LCP)
Defines urban/rural boundary as a stable line separating urban areas and rural service centers from rural areas in the Coastal Zone and establish this line on the LCP Land Use Plan Map.
This map identifies areas confining new development to existing urban areas and rural service centers in order to:
- discourage urban sprawl,
- maximize the efficiency of public facilities, services, and utilities,
- minimize energy consumption,
- encourage the orderly formation and development of local governmental agencies,
- protect and enhance the natural environment, and
- revitalize existing developed areas.
Concentrate new development in urban areas and rural service centers by requiring the “infilling” of existing residential subdivisions and commercial areas.