Wood-burning Stove or Fireplace Permit
How to apply?
Submit an application to Building that identifies the property, lists the name of any architect or engineer who will work on the project, and describes the proposed work in detail. Along with that application, submit the following:
- A floor plan showing the location of the stove or fireplace
- Framing details for any fireplaces or chimneys that will be enclosed
- Construction details for any heat shields
- Details of flue terminations through the roof or wall
- Dimensions of the hearth and a statement of the type of material from which the hearth will be constructed
- Manufacturer's installation instructions.
A separate handout entitled Plan Requirements describes requirements in greater detail and gives you examples of how the various plans should be drawn.
What fees must I pay?
You must pay mechanical, building, plan check, filing, and microfilm fees.You may need to pay a planning fee if you have made exterior alterations.