Accessory Dwelling Unit Permit
How to apply?
Submit an application to Building that identifies the property, lists the name of any architect or engineer who will work on the project, and describes the proposed work in detail. Along with that application, submit four sets of the following:
- A plot plan showing any driveway, walkway, parking area, wells, retaining walls, utilities, easements, trees, and other structures (both existing and proposed)
- Construction details including foundation, structure, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and any special design features
- Complete floor plans
- Elevation plans of each side of the building
- Engineering data, including signed calculations and geotechnical investigation (if applicable)
- A driveway profile showing the elevation from the street to the garage floor (if applicable)
- Energy calculation data
- Any other site improvements such as grading or accessory structures.
A separate handout entitled Plan Requirements describes requirements in greater detail and gives you examples of how the various plans should be drawn.
What fees must I pay?
You must pay building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, filing, microfilm, fire, geotechnical, and plan check fees. Depending upon the circumstances, you may also have to pay Planning fees.