Business License Board

Business Licenses in Unincorporated San Mateo County

The San Mateo County Treasurer's office issues business licenses for Unincorporated San Mateo County. The following is the list of businesses requiring a license:
  • Peddlers and Solicitors
  • Traveling shows, circuses, rodeos, and Exhibitions
  • Pawn brokers, Secondhand dealers and junk dealers
  • Public dance
  • Massage Establishment and Technician
  • Bingo Games
  • Mobile Food Preparation Unit
  • Auction and close out sales
  • Fortune telling
A processing fee includes:
  • Handling application upon receipt-directing application to board members for approval
  • Collecting appropriate documents, license fees and issuing a whiz receipt
  • Issuance of license and badge when applicable
  • Filing appropriate paperwork
  • Tracking renewal dates and sending renewal notices
  • Issuance of renewal license

Use Permits for Unincorporated San Mateo County

Anyone looking to open a business in Unincorporated San Mateo County should visit the Planning & Building Department and find out if their proposed business will require a Use Permit. Some business uses are restricted by the Zoning designations for a particular land use or building site. Businesses can be cited for a Use Violation if the appropriate Use Permit has not been obtained.



COVID-19 Info
Back to Top