Single-Family Residence Permit
How to apply?
Four sets of the following plans:
- A plot plan showing any driveway, walkway, parking area, wells, retaining walls, utilities, easements, trees, and other structures (such as water storage tanks and propane tanks)
- Construction details including foundation, structure, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and any special design features
- Complete floor plans
- Elevation plans of each side of the building
- Engineering data, including signed calculations and geotechnical report
- A driveway profile showing the elevation from the street to the garage floor
- Energy calculation data
- Any other site improvements such as grading or accessory structures
- Septic tank and leach fields
- If access is from a non-maintained roadway, submit plans and profile of the maintained roadway nearest to your driveway.
A separate handout entitled Plan Requirements describes requirements in greater detail and gives you examples of how the various plans should be drawn. Note: All new structures, regardless of the occupancy, exceeding 1000 square feet are required to have an automatic fire sprinkler system installed in the structure. The plans and permits for this automatic fire sprinkler system must be submitted, approved and issued before the associated building permit will be issued. For further information regarding these requirements, please ask a Permit Technician for assistance.
What fees must I pay?
You must pay building, mechanical, electrical, fire, geotechnical, plan check, filing, microfilm, health, and planning fees.